POSTPONED Animal Welfare Seafront Sunday
Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (GSPCA)
The 2020 Animal Welfare Seafront Sunday will be the ninth and takes place on Sunday 31st May.
On the 31st May 2020 10am to 4pm the GSPCA will be organising a day to celebrate the animals in Guernsey and all the wonderful work that is done to care for them.
We are extremely grateful to all those that made last 7 years such great days and we are hoping this years will be bigger and better.
There will be stalls and fun for all the family - all with an animal theme.
Fancy dress to mascot 5-a-side football, children's games to lots of food, a fun dog show to an animal less animal show, arts and crafts to charity stalls, some of the GSPCA animals looking for homes, entertainment and so much more........
This years Giant Animal Mascot event is a 5-a-side football match and can be entered as an individual or enter in the team event. All proceeds for this years race will help animals in Guernsey at the GSPCA so you can help support a great local charity, whilst having a lot of fun. Chose your Giant Animal Mascot Suit on the day or bring your own, details and sign up below......
There are lots of people that we would like to thank for their help and support to make this an amazing day out for all the family and listed below are just a few of them.
The day starts from 10am and will take place along the Sea Front in St Peter Port and there are a variety of events and activities through the day.
To go to the events facebook page or twitter link please click on the logo below
Would like a pitch for our Animal Welfare Seafront Sunday on the 31st May or the Kindness Seafront Sunday on the 12th July 2020?
We are looking for charities to run stalls representing their organisation showing their involvement with animals or with an animal theme. Also businesses that feel they play a valuable part in animal welfare such as vets. If you have an art and crafts business you are also welcome. As well this year we are helping with a new Kindness Seafront Sunday on the 12th July and to book for either or both events please send the form below to us to confirm your place.
To download a pitch application form please click here http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/SFS%20Pitch%20application%202020_1.pdf
To download a poster to help us advertise our Seafront Sunday please click here http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/Seafront%20Sunday%20Poster%202020.pdf
Would you like to help sponsor the day?
We are looking for individuals or businesses that would like to help sponsor the day please contact Steve Byrne on email@example.com or call 01481 257261 for more details.
Fun Dog Show
There will be a dog show starting at 12pm with registration from 11am. This is a fun dog show and is open to any breed of dog.
• Best Male Puppy (2yrs and under)
• Best Female Puppy (2yrs and under)
• Best Rescue
• Happiest pet
• Prettiest Bitch
• Most Handsome Dog
• Best Trick
• Golden Oldies (7yrs +)
• Best in Show (previous class winners)
Entries are £1 a class. Please enter your dog on the day.
Childrens Animal Fancy Dress Competition
Again there will be holding a childrens animal themed fancy dress competition at the Islandmums stall on the Crown Pier at 145pm but for a free prize bring your child along to them through the day for a free gift.
Giant Animal Mascot 5-a-side football event
Once again we will be holding a Giant Animal Mascot event but this year there are a big twist.
This is open to mascots and individuals prepared to dress as an animal and play a fun football game with a rather over sized ball.
We are asking businesses, pubs, individuals or anyone as a team of 5 or an individual and we can make extra teams on the day.
Don't worry about what to wear we will provide the Giant Animal Mascot suit and have over 70 available.
To join in the our giant animal 5-a-side football game in Guernsey we are asking you to raise funds for the Shelter, ideally a minimum of £22 per person or £100 for a team of 5.
All the money raised will go towards helping animals in Guernsey.
For businesses wanting to join in we will feature in our next newsletter, on our website and you can put a banner up on the day.
We are welcoming children to dress up in their own suits and also have a game through the day for a donation.
To download a 5-a-side Mascot Team or Individual application form please click here http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/SEAFRONT%20SUNDAY%20MASCOT%205%20A%20SIDE%20APPLICATION%202020_0.pdf
To download a 5-a-side Mascot Team or Individual Sponsor Form please click here http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/Animal%20Mascot%205%20a%20side%20Seafront%20Sunday%20Sponsor%20ship%20form%202020.pdf
To register and further details please firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate sponsors and businesses get to choose their suits or if they wish to provide their own it must be an animal and we still require the application form completed with the minimum sponsorship.
There are lots of events happening during the Animal Welfare Seafront Sunday from a fun dog show, arts and crafts stalls, live music kids games, food stalls and much more
This is the ninth year the event has taken place and in previous years we have seen Bernard, Daniel the Island FM Donkey and Roary the GFC Lion and over 90 other competitors.
Steve Byrne GSPCA Manager said "With our big day on the 31st May we are asking for teams or individuals to sign up to dress as a giant animal or character to play a fun 5-a-side football game."
"All the funds raised will help animals in Guernsey."
"It's not a normal game as there are lots of surprises."
"All we ask is a minimum donation of £22 per player or £100 a team of 5, we provide the costume and the fun starts at 2pm on the 31st May."
"Game lengths will depend on numbers and our very own Bernard the GSPCA dog will be in goal for any penalty shoot outs."
"Please do get in touch for more information or check out the details online."
For any questions please call 01481 257261 or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you, your group, business or school would like to volunteer and help on the day please email email@example.com
If you are wanting to get involved, take part or know more then please contact GSPCA Manager Steve Byrne 01481 257261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an eye on this page as we update it with more information.
Help us help animals this decade. From donating to Sponsoring a Pen, Buying a Brick for the much needed Wildlife Hospital to our Amazon and main page Wish List, holding a mufti day to a sponsored Christmas dip, here are some of the ways you could help give animals joy this year.
• Between the 10th February and the 16th February join the GSPCA Purple Week and help celebrate 147 years and here is a link to lots of ideas to get involved - https://www.gspca.org.gg/page/gspca-purple-week
• To donate to the animals in our care another via our paypal page - www.paypal.me/DonateGSPCA
• To see some of our wishes and plans to help wildlife please visit - http://www.gspca.org.gg/about/our-plans-wish-list
• Buy a Brick in the new much needed Wildlife Hospital we are raising funds for - http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/Buy%20a%20Brick%20Wildlife%20Hospital.pdf
• Other ways to support the Wildlife Hospital - http://www.gspca.org.gg/blog/gspca-launch-buy-brick-proposed-new-wildlife-hospital
• To become an Angel Pen Pal Sponsor and support the wildlife each month please visit - http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/Angel%20sponsor%20form%20special%202018%20new.pdf
• To download a Corporate Angel Pen Pal form for your business to sponsor a wildlife area each year please click here http://www.gspca.org.gg/sites/default/files/Corporate%20Angel%20Pen%20Pal%20sponsor%20formnew.pdf
• To visit our Amazon Wish list to see some of the items we need to help the wildlife please visit - https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/25MJPPDAGXHL1?type=WishList
• Help buy new much needed intensive care units by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/gspcaintensivecare or to buy one directly please visit https://brinsea.co.uk/small-animal-care/tlc-intensive-care-incubators/tlc-30-advance/
• You can donate via our giving.gg page or create your own sponsored event or challenge - https://giving.gg/donate/charity/2/Guernsey-Society-for-the-Prevention-of-Cruelty-to-Animals-(GSPCA)
• To donate to Andy the seal pup please visit - https://giving.gg/donate/event/4617/Help-the-seal-fpups-at-the-GSPCA or www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jerseyandguernseysealpups
For lots more ideas on how you can support the shelter and the animals in our care then please visit our fundraising page www.gspca.org.gg/fundraising
To see a list of our volunteer induction evenings which we hold each month and for more information please visit http://gspca.org.gg/about/volunteers or call 257261
To find out more on trips, talks and our education work please email email@example.com or call 01481 257261