British Red Cross (Bailiwick of Guernsey Branch)
AGC Membership No. 29
Guernsey Registered Charity number CH142 *
*The Guernsey Registry is responsible for administration of the registers of charities and non-profit organisations. The number indicated above was originally issued to the charity, but this is not an indication that registration is up to date. Please see www.guernseyregistry.com/charities for a current list of registered organisations
Description Aims and Objectives
The British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. It is part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies.
It enables vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, helps them to recover and move on with their lives.
The Guernsey Branch is currently recruiting volunteers for the shop, emergency response work including driving in support of the States of Guernsey Civil Emergencies Plan.
Locally, the British Red Cross:
- Has a shop
- Has a link group which holds a 'Monday Club' at St. John's Ambulance hall
- Provide welfare support
- Have an emergency response volunteer team
The branch raises funds through:
- British Red Cross charity shop, Rohais, St. Peter Port - telephone 723088
- A fete held at Government House in July
- Red Cross Appeal week held in May
- other fund raising events throughout the year.