Description Aims and Objectives
Home-Start is a locally based charity that provides proactive home visiting in which trained parent volunteers, supported by paid staff, work with parents who have at least one child under the age of seven.
Home-Start Guernsey offers support, friendship and practical help to parents with young children.
Home-Start aims to:
•Reduce family isolation and increase social networks
• Strengthen parent-child relationships
• Improve parents’ physical health and emotional well-being
• Develop and improve parenting skills
• Improve the home environment
• Improve children’s health, well-being and development
• Increase access to health, education and community services