Baby Loss Awareness Week 2017
Baby Loss Awareness Week takes place from 9 to 15 October every year. It’s an opportunity for parents, their families and friends to acknowledge and remember their precious babies who have died. It is led by Sands in collaboration with over 40 charities in the UK.
Baby Loss Awareness Week is an opportunity:
- for bereaved parents, and their families and friends, to unite with others across the world to commemorate their babies’ lives.
- to raise awareness about the issues surrounding pregnancy and baby loss in the UK, and push for tangible improvements in services, support, research or policy around bereavement support
- to let the public and key stakeholders know what charities and other supportive organisations are doing on bereavement support around pregnancy and baby loss
Baby Loss Awareness Week finishes with Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day on Sunday 15 October upon which the Global Wave of Light event is held.
- Wear the pin to show your support. To buy yours, click the image below to be taken to the Sands shop.
- Wave of Light candle tin can be lit in memory of a loved one. To buy yours go to the Sands shop.
- Guernsey Sands Wave of Light online event is being held at 7pm on Sunday 15th October within our Guernsey Sands Community Facebook Group and can be attending from the comfort of your home.
- Guernsey Sands Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day Walk is being held from 10am on Sunday 15th October from Portelet Kiosk to the Fairy Ring and back.
- Baby Loss Awareness Twibbon can be added to your profile picture to show your support
- Break the silence of #babyloss. This could be by telling a friend about Baby Loss Awareness Week, talking about your experience, wearing a Baby Loss Awareness pin and/or using the specifically designed social media images on your website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, work intranet or noticeboard.
For more information go to https://www.guernseysands.org.gg/news/baby-loss-awareness-week-2017/