GSPCA Virtual Petshow
Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (GSPCA)
We have launched our Virtual Petshow so we can celebrate animals in Guernsey and our pets past and present. Sadly due to the Corona virus the GSPCA has had to postpone it's biggest Seafront event and fundraiser of the year until 2021. Our Seafront Sunday, due to take place on Sunday May 31st is the biggest celebration of animals in Guernsey and raises much needed funds for the Shelter. This money is vital to enable us to continue with all of our essential work with companion animals and wildlife across the Islands.
One of the biggest events on the day has always been our pet dog show and so we have decided to expand this event and enable us all to celebrate pets and wildlife during the Island lock down while helping us to raise money for the Charity at this very difficult time.
Entries will be taken from Friday April 24th until May 24th. Judging will take place and winners will be announced on May 31st via our facebook page and website. Winners will receive a rosette, certificate and GSPCA t-shirt.
Our class list:
1. Happiest pet(s) - lets see your pet at it's happiest; in the mud, eating dinner, making a mess!
2. Family selfie - as important members of the family, pets bring us so much joy. We'd love to see your family.
3. Animals in action - whatever your pet enjoys doing we'd love to see them; jumping, digging, running, flying, swimming
4. Sleeping pets - as we all try to relax and stay at home let's learn from the experts
5.Magazine cover model - photos that would make the front cover of a magazine; all of our pets are superstars.
6.Red carpet reptiles - let's not forget the reptiles in our lives
7.Pet most like it's owner - as we stay safe and spend more time at home maybe more of us are starting to resemble our pets ??
8. Pets during lock down - how are you caring for and entertaining your pets while you are in lock down?
9. Wildlife in the home / garden - this can include any species; birds, spiders, snails, anything at all!
10. Gone but not forgotten - in memory of much loved but lost pets. The friends that have passed but never leave our hearts
How to enter:
You can enter as many categories as you like
Minimum donation of £2 per photograph
Please pay via paypal http://www.paypal.me/DonateGSPCA please reference your payment VPS and your name (cheques can also be made payable to 'GSPCA' and reference on the details on the back please) or or over the phone by calling 01481 257261 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday or Sunday 11am to 4pm
Email all entries to email@example.com or post to GSPCA, Rue des Truchots, St Andrews, Guernsey GY6 8UD
**PLEASE DO NOT DELIVER YOUR ENTRIES IN PERSON AS THIS IS NOT CLASSED AS AN ESSENTIAL JOURNEY**
Email should include:-
Classes being entered
Your name and your pets name (s)
Proof of payment (if you paid over the phone the reception staff will pass on your details.
More details available on our website:
https://www.gspca.org.gg/blog/guernseys-biggest-virtual-petshow-launch-friday-24th-april-place-animal-welfare-seafront-sunday See less